Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ruby's Gardening




Lately, Ruby is pretty much obsessed with flowers. Anytime we see flowers anywhere she wants to go pick one and she thinks that every scraggly little weed is a flower. Well, I've been trying to create more educational experiences for her- not just do things that keep her entertained. So, I thought it would be fun to plant her own flower seeds and watch them grow. She painted the pots, then put in the soil and seeds, and then watered them. We now have some sprouts coming up but I'll try to do a follow-up post as to how her flowers are coming along.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Adorable idea! I may have to use it myself. Emma Cate loves flowers too and does the same thing with weeds and grass. She thinks everything is a flower! Great pics! love ya, Amanda